Retail can play a very important role for not-for-profit institutions including museums, cultural centers and libraries. The retail program can not only generate much needed revenue but the offering and products allow the visitors to take home a piece of their experience. It acts as an extension of the brand reminding visitors while away from the site that they had a great time on their last visit and should return soon.
Our team has supported many clients with creating a business plan that will maximize revenues as well as enhance the brand and visitor experience.
Based on our extensive experience supporting our not-for-profit clients, we have developed a professional approach to maximizing the retail revenue as well as the customer experience.
Our services cover the entire spectrum from assessment, vision, and strategy, to operating success!
- Assessment of the current operations and benchmark to best practice
- Demand analysis
- Assessing revenue models including retail, food service and other outsourced contracts
- Surveying the facility users to determine the needs and wants of the customers to align the retail offering
- Preparing the retail inventory plans including expanded product recommendations
- Design, including optimal site plans as well as space plans and store design
- Forecast revenue potential
Benefits to you:
J.C. Williams Group understands the complexities and many challenges such as seasonality and weather that cultural centers and tourist attractions face. Such challenges create other pressures for the organization such as recruiting and retention of the workforce, inventory management and managing peaks within the season (i.e., concerts).
At the same time, we recognize that retail plays a very important role for these types of venues. The retail offering and products allow the visitors to take home a piece of their experience. It also acts as an extension of the brand reminding visitors while away from the site that they had a great time on their last visit and should return soon.
Perhaps more importantly, the retail experience can generate additional revenue that contributes generously to the bottom line and off-sets budget pressures.
Here are a few of the many clients that we have worked with:
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Art Gallery of Windsor
- Calgary Stampede
- CN Tower
- National Ballet School
- National Gallery of Canada
- Royal BC Museum
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Textile Museum of Canada
- Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- Toronto Reference Library
- Toronto Zoo
- Upper Canada Village
- USA National Aquarium